Never Forget Tibet: The Dalai Lama’s Untold Story
One of the most significant moments in 20th Century history, His Holiness 14th Dalai Lama reveals
the historic details of his incredible escape into exile in India for the first time on film and in his own
words. Featuring the Tibetan community in exile, members of his family and the Indian political officer
who led him to safety and those with historic ties to Tibet, the film explores the Dalai Lama’s
compassion for a world seemingly in crisis today and seeks to find what can be learnt from his
inspirational life story, the Tibetan culture and its ancient spirituality. Narrated by Golden Globe
Nominee Hugh Bonneville with original music by Grammy Nominated artist Anoushka Shankar.
- Forecasted returns:
- The forecasted Gross Profit is £2.5M.
- The forecasted Net Profit is £1.5M.
- Forecasted total ROI is 321%
- The story about the escape is exclusive to the Film Production Company.
- This is the first time one of the world’s greatest living leaders has spoken on film about his historic escape from Tibet into India in 1959 with the Indian Political Officer who led him to safety, Har Mander Singh. This can never happen again since the officer sadly passed away in December 2020.
- Team known for Star Wars and many other blockbusters
- We expect a strong demand for the completed production worldwide.
- The film has been made to appeal to a wide international audience and the storyline covers more than the escape, to include details about the Dalai Lama’s environmental and social message for young people and the wider society at large. As such, this is a highly unique and special “once in a lifetime” film.
- Inspired by the book “An Officer and His Holiness” by Rani Singh